It’s the perfect time to reflect on your marketing hits and misses the previous year. Revisit your goals and targets. Sift through all the marketing data you’ve gathered the past year and set your year-long marketing strategy.
Take this opportunity to reboot, reset your direction, and re-energise your brand.
Here are ways you can improve in 2015:
1. Be flexible. A marketing plan is there to guide you with your decisions, but it shouldn’t be set in stone. As technologies, marketing trends and consumer behaviour change, so must your marketing strategy. Be flexible and prepare to adjust when needed. Your roadmap should still allow you some room for experimentation and adjustments in your tactics, as well as your budget.
2. Think mobile! Optimise for mobile devices. Mobile marketing is already massive, we don’t see any reason for you to hold back. Going mobile has become a necessity every business or brand should consider now that new technologies like mobile payments, micro-location and proximity are on the rise.
3. Become social media-savvy. Social media is where your target market is and where you need to be. Share content on different social networks (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, Pinterest, etc.). Quick tips and tricks make for great engaging content.
Remember to maintain your accounts regularly. It’s not enough to post a status update or photo once a day. People move on quickly so develop a content calendar. And, be careful with what you post. It only takes one unnecessary, irrelevant, or irresponsible content/reply to alienate your target market forever.
4. Create more videos. You know what content gets viewed and shared most of the time? Videos.
Video marketing is a great way for your potential customers to know more about your business and your product/services. It helps build trust – and the more your customers trust you, the more they’ll buy from you.
** Facebook video marketing is a new way of extending your audience reach. It provides you with the metrics that you need. Take advantage of this new tool in order to get more exposure for your products or services.
5. Try a human approach to marketing. It’s a new marketing paradigm that’s gaining ground amongst businesses here and abroad. It’s basically marketing using the language your audience will understand versus “sales speak”.
Today’s consumers have become much more intelligent with their buying habits. Hence, the need to engage your audience on all fronts and get to know them better. One way of doing this is to harness social conversations to listen, analyse, publish, and engage with them. Serve your audience with the content they want by publishing quality content that interests them. This will increase the likelihood your brand will stay top of mind. As they say, people do business with people they like. Approaching your audience purely as clicks, likes, or views will just drive them away.
Whatever you decide to do this year, be sure not to lose focus on your marketing goals. Without these goals, you have no means of gauging your success and no means of measuring your return on investment (ROI).
If you’re looking for marketing ideas to generate leads, drive revenue and see real results, contact us today.